Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Princess and Her Bags

When we started Home Stitch Home, it was for the love of handmade items.  We wanted to share this love with everyone and to nurture an interest in making things with your hands.  Well, almost 3 months on, I believe we have succeeded in our aim.  There was a revolution in my office.  Not only were colleagues appreciating what we made, they have started making bags and dolls themselves!

Well, one great benefactor of HSH is Fifyjo.  She has been a great supporter of our products and has even commissioned projects for us (here).  Sometime back, she gave me this very pretty Little Twin Stars fabric she ordered online and wanted us to make something for her daughter.  This is the result.




The love of reversible totes starts young.  I was so relieved that the little girl loves the bag and hope that she will be able to fill the bag with her dreams.


Fifyjo then gave us a bigger challenge.  She had a great fabric collection and a beautiful applique pattern of muffins.  When all these got put together, we get this.




Don't you think she makes a great model?  Quick!  Someone give her a modelling contract.  I am so impressed by the way she makes the bags look so good that I am tempted to make a whole series of children's bags just so that I can have her pose for us again.  Ah, the exuberance and lack of inhibitions of the young.  Life would be so much more spontaneous and fun if we can all be like her.


Anyway, enough of swooning.  Here are the obligatory close-up shots of the applique bag.


3 comments:

  1. Wow. She really is a born model. She brings out the sweetness of the bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice! I want to order for my gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah irresistable buy .. I mean, the girl. Yours truly needs a bib - lau nua, you know. Oops, in case I sound like a paedophile to other readers, I'm a mother of 2 boys yearning for a daughter.

    ReplyDelete