Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Hippie Bag

I confess that since my work project last month, I haven't been very inspired to make any bag.  Oh, the needles have not been neglected.  I have been busy with my personal projects (which I will share with you one day).  But I just can't find it in me to drag out the cutting mat and sewing machine to start making bags.

So thank goodness for the ever-diligent Tinkerbelle, who single-handedly held the fort.  Not only did she fulfill lots of Christmas orders (we're rich again!), she found time to make this bag.

I call this the hippie bag because I recall in the 70s (yes, I'm that old), such bags were very trendy.  I even have such a bag myself!  Now, with retro being all the rage, this bag is suddenly very fashionable.  Of course, we've infused our own style by replacing the psychedelic print with floral print and decorated it with antique lace.  Don't you think it's pretty?  I love the round wooden handles.  It makes the bag very unique.


As usual, the inside of the bag is just as pretty as the outside.

Hehe, I've stuffed my toy elephants inside.  Long story behind those elephants - I got them free from a Bangkok hotel I stayed in during one intensive work project many years ago.  I had been in negotiations from 8am one day to 8am the next day and had to rush off to catch a 12noon flight.  But I was really tired, so I called the operator and asked for a morning call at 10am.  The poor operator was very confused because it was already 8am.  Anyway, to cut a long story short, these elephants serve to remind me of a very memorable life experience for me.


The Hippie bag measures 12" (H) X 14" (W) X 2.5" (D).  It sells for $40 (brooch not included).  It's the most expensive bag we are selling so far but the handles cost us a fortune.  I don't think we'll be making another of this bag, so this is truly one of a kind.

1 comment:

  1. wow! this is so pretty! can we see the real thing?

    ReplyDelete