Sunday, January 17, 2010

My very own Cath Kidston bag (a proper real one!)

Update as at 24 January 2010
I'm so excited and just had to share this with you.  I found and bought a storage box which has the same theme of colours that I like so much.
Don't you think it looks like something Cath Kidston would design?  But it's not or else I wouldn't have been able to afford it.  I just love the rose fabric and the matching polka dot cover.  Let me know if you see any similarly patterned item, yah?  I may just start a collection.

*  *  *  *  *  *  * 
 


In my past posts, you've read about my quest to own a Cath Kidston bag (I Love Cath Kidston and This is not a Cath Kidston bag).  Well, this Christmas, I decided to treat myself to a much-deserved christmas gift.


See what came in the post on Christmas Day?
My cousin came back from England for the holidays and kindly lugged my online orders back for me.  Don't you love the beautiful and very festive packaging?

Ok, ok, I know you're impatient to see the contents.  So, without further ado...
This is a bucket bag - the real bucket bag.  Don't you love it?  I especially like the pockets on the sides - which came in very handy for handphone and housekeys.
This is what CK calls a handbag.  But I think it is so much more.  It's really sturdy, well-constructed and capacious.  Ideal for traveling.  You can put your passport and other documentation in the front pocket.
This is a knitting bag.  It's really long and can fit all my knitting needles.  Currently, I have three knitting projects stowed in it - ready for me to bring on the go.

All the bags come in oilskin - a waterproof material which further makes the bags very functional.  I don't have to worry about them getting wet. You know what I like best about CK bags - it's the vintage print.  And I so, so love the combination of pale blue with red roses.  See?  It permeates my life.
 
My bag collection
My bedlinen 
(ok, so it's crumpled.  But at least I made my bed)

My Wallpaper
(ok, so the blue isn't obvious.  
I live in the West and the strong afternoon fades everything)

You should be seeing a lot more of such influences in future HSH creations, so remember to check in often!

No comments:

Post a Comment