Sunday, November 8, 2009

Country Bags

Inspired by my own country home, I have made two country bags.  These are all quilted, so you have this puffy effect.  Believe me, they are wonderful to touch, all soft and springy.  In my dialect, the words used to describe this phenomena are "pong-pong".


Don't you think the colours are so christmassy? Just like my mood.

This smaller tote is good as a lunch bag.  Because of its broader base, it can fit an umbrella, a long wallet, tissue paper and handphone.  Here's the perspective shot.  Pardon the poor quality of the photo - you try to do a self-portrait while trying to hide unsightly parts (thunder thighs) and balancing a camera.

The bigger bag was supposed to be A4-sized but it didn't look very proportionate in landscape format, so some adjustments had to be made. 

But it is a big comfortable size and can still fit A4 paper (tight fit or a bit sticking out).  The base has been made bigger.  Here's another blur perspective shot.

Yeeeks!  I better start toning those arms of mine.


Anyhoo, for those who are more observant, you will notice that I have fixed buttons on both sides of the bags.  And they are all different.  I recently bought this device for making fabric buttons and was having fun with it.


P/S:  By the way, the dolls do not come with the bags (duh). 

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Beautiful bags! I'm sure alot effort were put into quilting the bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilted country bags! Oh I love the puffy effect. It's so wonderful to curdle with:-)

    ReplyDelete