Monday, November 2, 2009

Dogs are Man's Best Friends

I just watched "Marley & Me" last night (and don't you judge me for being so backward in my movie-watching.  I had better things to do, like make things for HSH and writing this blog).  Two things struck me from the movie, particularly because I also have a pet dog.  

One, Marley is terrified of thunderstorms and would howl and get very distressed during one.  This is what my dog does during thunderstorms (especially the one last night).


Two, there was a scene where Jen just came home from the doctor's after being told that she lost her pregnancy because there was no foetal heartbeat.  I noticed that Marley jumped to greet John in his usual boisterous way but sat quietly next to Jen, head on her lap, somewhat sensing her sadness and commiserating with her.  My dog does that for me too, whenever I am down.
 
Of course she wouldn't be smiling like this. I was obviously too upset when she did the "head on lap" thing to take a photo, so you will have to make do with this posed shot.  Even my late pom, who though of tiny stature, would snuggle up to me and keep by my side till I feel better. 


Sois it any wonder that the doggy crafts I make tend to be things that we can carry close to us (remember my doggy keychain and the felt dog which can be pinned to your bag or clothes?).  As our pet dogs are always by our side, we should always keep them with us, forever in our hearts, even after they are gone.

Here's something I made after watching "Marley and Me".
 
It's a handphone charm.  Nope, I still haven't upgraded my handphone.  I can't decide between getting an iPhone (which is so common nowadays and anyway, I already have an iPod Touch) or an android phone (that way, I have access to double the amount of apps, compared to those who own either).  Sorry if this discussion is getting too technical for you but this dilemma weighs heavily on my mind.

I didn't used to like siberian huskies because their ice-blue eyes look too much like those of a wolf.  But after I watched "Eight Below", I realised that they are very much your regular pet dogs and are therefore extremely loyal.

Co-incidentally, Bobo Chacha who is recovering from her so-called buying trip overseas, made a doggy keychain over the weekend.

This one is very unique because the strap is semi-fixed, making it more secure when you pull the keys out, like so... 


Don't you love those tiny bone buttons?  This keychain is also larger than the doggy keychain previously featured, and is especially ideal for those who has been entrusted with many security responsibilities.  

Well, that's all folks!  I would like to end this post with a quiz (we haven't had one of those for awhile, NOT).  I have named two dog movies (note - read carefully - movies, not TV series, not cartoons) in this post.  How many more can you name?

8 comments:

  1. Movies & cartoons about dogs:-
    (1) Lassie Come Home
    (2) Old Yeller
    (3) Benji
    (4) Homeward Bound
    (5) Bolt
    (6) Hotel for Dogs
    (7) Beethoven
    (8) Lady and the Tramp
    (9) Turner and Hooch
    (10)Eight Below
    (11)Underdog
    (12)101 Dalmatians
    (13)The Truth About Cats & Dogs
    (14)Beverly Hills Chihuahua
    (15)Backyard Dogs
    (16)Scooby-Doo Adventures
    (17)Snoopy
    (18)Marley & Me
    (19)Clifford the Red Big Dog
    (20)Blue’s Clues

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Mimi, Bibi & Megko too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) Space Buddies
    2) Snow Buddies
    3) The Shaggy Dog
    4) Lassie
    5) Because of Winn-Dixie
    6) Firehouse Dog
    7) Man's Best Friend
    8) Far from Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog
    9) Zeus and Roxanne
    10) Air Bud: Golden Receiver
    11) Iron will
    12) Life is Ruff
    13) Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco
    14) Oliver and Company

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about the "10 promises to my dog"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, just remembered another Jap movie, "Quill" featuring a labrador. Also "A Tale of Mari and the Three Puppies" about Shiba Inu. Let me think what else....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm currently writing an article titled "If you are a Dog, what kind of dog do you think you are". So?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trixie ain't afraid of thunder...Trixie just want to see if you've dropped any coins

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about Bobo..no one miss bobo...izzit because bobo is too greedy?

    ReplyDelete