Sunday, November 15, 2009

Flea Market Bag

This is our first attempt at creating a Cath Kidston-inspired bag.  It's made from a paper pattern which describes the bag as a flea market bag.  Don't ask me what that means.  All I know is that like the Cath Kidston bag I made, this is one great functional bag and I love it as much too!

This bag can be carried slung over the shoulder, like so.

Or carried Japanes style.

As further punishment for the toothpaste-on-mirror incident, Hubby was FORCED to take photos for me.  This is the 1st time I am photographing a HSH item without having to hold the camera myself, so pardon the awkard clasping of hands.

Unlike the CK bag I made, the flea market bag was a real challenge to make.  It's got like a zillion parts to trace out, cut and sew together.  Of course, this called for the skills of Tinkerbell who, in consultation with Grandmama Felt (an experienced sewer herself), made this.  And she went one up and made this bag reversible (the more observant ones amongst you would already have observed this from the previous photo).  

We figured that as the HSH has become famous for its reversible tote, how could we deny this distinguishing feature to this bag?  In any case, making the bag reversible somehow makes one feel that you are paying the price of one for two bags (easier to justify to the financial controller at home).  We were also careful to choose the fabrics so as to give you two different looks without clashing too much.  
And did you notice the bow-tied handle?  It's not there for mere decoration.  Based on feedback we have received, we noticed that some people like their handles long while other prefer them short (well, I guess that depends on how you carry your bags).  So besides a reversible feature, we now present to you the adjustable handle.  What will we think of next?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I like this reversible flea market bag! Love how 2 fabrics compliment each other and not forgetting the adjustable handle! So are we going to see more of such bags on HSH? *anticipating*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I like to carry it over my shoulder.

    ReplyDelete