Saturday, November 7, 2009

Snow Friends

I don't know about you but Christmas is my favourite time of the year.  It's a time when work starts to wind down (or so I hope), when the shopping malls are all bedecked with tinsel and trinkets, when noel songs fill the air and when we think of our family and friends as we make our christmas shopping list.   

Here at HSH, we also like to start our Christmas early, if nothing else but to prolong this yuletide season and to spread our goodwill to all and sundry.  We are planning to introduce new items which are christmas-themed or which would make good christmas gifts. 

So, we dug through our treasure trove for inspiration and found this!
 
This is my first applique project and was one year in the making.  But it was a fun project for me and really put me in the christmas mood.

Here's a closer look.

I love this snowman.  He seems to beckon me to join him on a snowy and starry night.  Don't you love the tinsel and sequins I have added?

I like the humour of this scene.  This angel is shopping for new wings.  Hehe, I hope the tassels are not too tacky.

This gingerbread-girl is going to bake some christmas cookies.  Doesn't she look yummy?  I especially love the frosting effect of the ric-racks on her limbs. 


I identify with the look of trepidation on this snowman's face as he skated on the small rink.  I have never been good with sports requiring balance, be it cycling roller-blading or skating.  At least it won't hurt as much when the snowman falls.

This Santa Clause is also beckoning you to join him on that silent night.  Have you heard the sound of snowfall?  It's a magical sound.
  
Do you like what you've seen so far?  We have 12 patterns altogether and we're thinking of making them into 16"X16" cushions (cushions included).  Don't you think they would make the perfect christmas gift?  I have a tradition of giving my best friend a cushion every christmas.  She now has a row of cushions (evidencing various levels of my sewing skills) adorning her sofa.  And she keeps them in such pristine condition.  I'm so touched because as much as she had treasured my cushion gifts, she had treasured our friendship more.  I'll see if I can persuade her to share photos of my cushion gifts with you all.


So, what say you?  Anyone interested in getting a christmas cushion gift for that special friend?  It will make one meaningful christmas present, and unique too as we don't plan to make more than one of each pattern. 


P/S:  we are taking orders early because it takes time to make each cushion.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. They all look cute. My favourite piece is the one with Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Bored! All look so adorable! I like the gingerbread-girl!

    ReplyDelete