Sunday, November 29, 2009

Can you call this a bucket bag?

I recently ordered a real Cath Kidston bag online, called the Bucket Bag.  My aunty's UK-based son who had kindly agreed to bring it back for me in December was understandably concerned.  I think he's worried that the bag is actually a bucket and would be bulky to carry back.

So, what is the bucket bag?  Your guess is as good as mine and I'll show you when I finally get it.  But from the website, the bag certainly doesn't look like a bucket.

However, I think that this bag which I just made reminds me of a bucket.

Obsessed with trying to make a bag with a bigger base, I chose a pattern which has a huge oval for the base.  I then did what I do best - I made it reversible.  Here's the inside, out.

Don't you love the botanical print?  It's still flowers but in a more subtle form (I know not everyone likes pink flowers).  Hey, we are all about giving you variety.

As this bag is very different from those we've made so far (where the bags either cater for use in the office aka A4-size or use as weekend bags aka flea market and country bags), I had fun putting it to various more novel use.


See how roomy the bag is?  I managed to fit my knitting project and assorted wool.  It's so handy to carry around.

Tinkerbell had an even greater idea.

She said that with the christmas season approaching (not to mention new year and chinese new year), many of us would be attending home pot-luck parties.  What better way to bring your food but in this stylish bag?  It is big enough to fit a 9-inch pot, which is about all I can cook (I'm not an army cook after all).  Now, why didn't I think about that?  


This bag measures 11.5"(W) X 5.5"(H) X 8"(D) and sells for S$30.  For a small fee, the height of the bag can be increased if you prefer something which stores deeper. 


Hey, maybe you can come up with better uses for this bag!

 

3 comments:

  1. hey, this is so useful! Not only can use it to store our knitting project, even our pots too! hmm.....how about storing fruits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your reversible totes (CK or not; LA or not) are ALL so lovely ... I have a hard time figuring out which side of the fabric I like better ..

    ReplyDelete