Sunday, September 27, 2009

THE BIG REVEAL

I have a dispute with my business-partners/partners-in-crime.

The more I see and blog about the products they are making, the more I want to buy them, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.  How can anyone resist?  Each item is so pretty, practical and priceless.  And, as an insider, I know the quality of their handiwork and therefore, I know as a fact that the price I'll be paying for the items (and sorry hor, no staff discount) is a mere fraction of what I'm getting in return.  


But, but THEY wouldn't let me.  They have this policy that these items are for the stall and we must keep our hands off (how could I when they are safe-kept with me?  By the way, they have since been moved to a safer location after I exhibited covetedness).  See? see?  what an injustice to me. I hope you all appreciate the GREAT sacrifice on my part.  Hey, maybe I can buy through you. You wouldn't tell, would you?


Ah, never mind such pettiness on my part.  Now to something more exciting.  


WE'RE OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED!!!

Ok, so you noticed that the hand stitches are really inconsistent (guess which untidy one is mine?). And yes, the roof on the house logo is crooked in some and the window misaligned in others.  But, don't you see?  That's the whole intention - there's beauty in the unconventional, in the imperfect.  This is what being handmade is all about.  Now, I just need to figure out how to get this logo onto the banner of this blog. Any techie out there to help me?


With this official launch, we are ready to make our debut next weekend.  Details are as follows:-


Date:     3 & 4 October, Saturday & Sunday

Time:     11am - 7 pm

Venue:   

Red Dot Museum, 28 Maxwell Road (next to Tanjong Pagar MRT station and opposite the URA Centre.  It's the former Traffic Police Station)


We hope to see you all there.  Your support is crucial to the continual survival of this business and blog.  And since we are making our debut, I guess we can't hide behind the veil of anonymity afforded by this blog anymore.  It's time to make our introductions.


This is Tinkerbell (hitherto referred to as "E").  She's the mastermind and the driving force behind this whole venture.  She gave you the eco-bag, the pouch, the lunch bag, the long wallet, the hair accessories and Henry the Fireman. This girl is prolific.



This is Bobo-Charchar (hitherto referred to as "C").  She's the workhorse of this team, her exciting and packed social calendar notwithstanding.  You will appreciate her attention to details and delicate handiwork in the reversible tote bags she designed and embellished.

 

And shamefacedly, this is Klicketty Klack (hitherto referred to as "J").  I only did the drawstring bags and untidily sewed on some labels.  As I have little else to show for my efforts, I sacrificed myself and showed some skin (aka shoulders and thighs) in my big reveal photo.  Just because I am basking in the sun, please do not mistake me for a SPG.  On the contrary, I love rainy days.

  


Ok, so we are not the sweet young things who have made it big on the blogosphere after posting photos of themselves posing in their own wares (see today's Sunday Times).  But we can sew, we can cook and we can keep house, and best of all, there's no maid levy payable on us.  So, who's interested?  Like our items, we are limited editions - only one of us is single and available.


 OK!  REMEMBER TO KEEP OUR DATE NEXT WEEKEND!

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Don't forget "Trixie" henceforth know as "T". Part time Model for the wares.

    Bark Bark..
    Trixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looove reading your posts!!! Get to know you & your team, you lovely women! can't wait to visit your stall tis weekend, will there be enough prized creations for us to grab? how much $ must we bring? haha! oh yes, i enjoy your descriptive writing & i'm improving my command of English & satisfying my insatiable appetite for bags & crafts just by reading your blog :p

    cheers!

    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congras! I like the simple & yet homely labels! Will definitely visit your stall! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will take a nice pix of 3 of you & stall this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. horrary.. your stall will be officially launch this wkend.. see 3 of you there.. cheers!!

    ReplyDelete