Sunday, September 13, 2009

Housekeeping

Due to our impending stall-opening, my housekeeping has indeed been much neglected.  Likewise for my dog, who looked at me forlornly last night because she had received nary a pet nor a cuddle from me the whole weekend.



But that's a story for another day.  This post is about housekeeping of another kind.

After flooding you all with 5 posts in a row, this will be my last post for the week.  I will have to go back to my hum-drum life of paper-pushing as I still need my full-time job to support my dog, my hobby, this stall and myself.  However, my friends and I will continue to create new items for the stall (in fact, I'm halfway through finishing a gorgeous crochet scarf and hope to show you next week).  Come next Sunday, I will post photos of these items.

In the meantime, we welcome your comments and criticisms.  I love TV reality shows, especially those where participants have a say in the outcome.  So, through this blog, you my dear readers will be able to influence the items we sell at our stall with your feedback and suggestions.  But be reasonable, hor?  Don't ask us to make bags which are anti-stain and -crease, which can fit in all things and yet can fit into the palm of your hands, which illuminates in the dark and which changes colour and pattern to match your current outfit.  We are mere hobbyists, not professional designers.

For those who like what you have seen so far, you can also pre-order.  And because handmaking items allows for customisation, do let us know what special requests you have.  We will be happy to try to accommodate. 

We have already bought some gorgeous fabric to make more drawstring bags and reversible totes.  But before we put in substantial work in making more, we'll be glad to hear of any improvement that should be incorporated.

That's all, folks!  Next week, look forward to seeing the beautifully-made and finely-detailed products of the very talented E.  She has made several pouches and two very gorgeous wallets which I have yet to photograph.  By the way, please pardon the poor quality of my photographs.  This is a craft blog, so don't expect any photography skills whatsoever.   

P/S:  If you prefer, you can also email us at homestitchhome@gmail.com

1 comment: