Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lady Leticia & A Male Friend

I know I said that I will blog only on Sunday, as from Mondays to Saturdays, I assume the mild-mannered alter-ego of a corporate executive, devoid of all creative flair.  But as D-DAY draws near, I figured I should make an exception and squeeze in a post or two.


In my earlier post, I promised more knitted dolls.  So here she is, fresh from knitters' oven, Lady Leticia.  



LL was knitted by Tinkerbell's mother.  She's not quite complete yet - I'm supposed to sew some leaves on her hat but she just had to make her debut tonight.  LL is based on the Little Dumpling Women series, and she is supposed to be portly and middle-aged. But that was depressing and hit too close to home.  So I gave her my now-famous slimming treatment and made her a little more sexy (I know, she's still all covered up but who says you have to show skin to ooze s_x?).  She is more french chic than hollywood sexy.


Here she is again.



No, that's not the male friend referred to in the title of this blog.  Duh.  Of course, you remember Miss Valentine?  She's here to say good-by 'cos she found her home with the loveliest lady in town.  She'll be living the good life of being cherished and shown off.


The male friend is actually a boy (do I hear a sigh of relief from Henry? The Fireman.  Remember him?).  



Look up in the sky!  It's a bird!  No, it's a plane!  No, it's SUPERKID!  And his human friend.  Superkid was knitted by my colleague and proved to be such a hit with her own kids that it was impossible to wrest him away for a proper photography session.  So, apologies for the poor quality of photos, for the cereal speckling the doll and the disembodied hand appearing in the photos.  Well, at least it shows that the doll could withstand the rigours of constant handling and rough play.  Superkid is indeed tough.

 
 
I usually like to include a quiz in my posts.  So here's the quiz for today:  what are the differences between the costume of Superkid and Superman?  To make things more challenging, I have masked the picture of Superman. And no checking the 1st picture until you are done.

2 comments:

  1. The missing RED sexy underwear!! HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, got distracted! I initially wanted to comment on the Lady Leticia but the superkid quiz diverted my attention!

    Lady Leticia is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete