Friday, October 2, 2009

D-DAY TOMORROW

Well, this is it!  After a whole month of slogging, brainstorming and chronic fatigue, we have achieved D-DAY.  Tomorrow, we will debut at our 1st stall at MAAD and we will know whether all the sacrifice has been worth it.  


A bit of self-comfort - whatever the outcome, the experience has been worth it.  I have had the most exciting month of the whole year (not that there was much to be excited about in the 1st place, what with the financial tsunami).  I have been touched by family and friends rallying around me.  I have enjoyed sharing my excitement and love of crafts with them and seeing the same take root in my friends and family.  Some of them renewed their interest in crafts while others developed potential for crafts.  Everyday was fun for me as I became part of their various craft projects.  


Of course, as my father rightly said, the true test will be how strangers take to our creations.  Friends and family have a moral obligation to be encouraging and supportive.  But strangers don't.  So, we'll see how it goes this weekend.  If you don't hear from me anymore, you will know what happened.


So, here's looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.  You should be looking out for the... no, not bag ladies (although we make a lot of that)... but the eye-bags ladies.






7 comments:

  1. Yes, true test is how the public will response to yr creations (most challenging part). No matter what happens, it SHD NOT STOP ALL OF U all from making anymore handicraft items. I can see great potential in all of you. Pls keep up your FIGHTING SPIRIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your greatest achievements are: u hve cultivated n developed a strong interest of handmade crafts amongst yr friends n family. Most importantly, u hve unveiled their hidden potential.. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. huh!! look out for eye-bags ladies??? Don't worry, i will bring along my concealer n red bull to boost up your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey..whatever the outcome is....don't give up your interest in handicraft....It's fun and add colours to our life...at least Bored is not so bored now...Jia You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hve bought a pink drawstring bag today...so happy cos it's my favourite colour & fabric...yeah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Home Stitch Home! You not only started the craft craze but you are an inspiration to all of us! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've to make it work! If not, I don't know what to do with the rest of the felt materials!!!!

    ReplyDelete