Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oh, be still my flustered heart

Well, gals, here he is... the much-anticipated.... Peter the Pirate.

Peter's a rogue, a rake, a heartbreaker.  But then, I have to confess that I have a fondness for bad boys.  See those red bits and pieces trailing behind me?  Yup, that's my heart, broken into a million pieces.  I'm fine now, thank you for asking. And here's a piece of advice from one who has loved and lost, you will live another day.  I thought it was the end of the world, I thought I would die of dehydration from the copious amount of tears shed, I thought I would starve to death because I had no appetite anymore, I thought I would go mad because my nerves were raw from waiting for the phone call which never came.  But you know what?  Here am I, well and alive, none the worse from the experience.  And definitely no regrets.  So, mothers, don't keep your daughters away from guys like Peter and broken-hearted girls, don't despair.  Life is to be loved and experienced.  The human spirit is strong and will prevail.


But I digress.  Back to Peter the Pirate.

As I said, Peter's a fun guy to be with.  He is free-spirited and life with him will be filled with adventures.  He will love you with passion but don't count on his consistency.  He will make you laugh and he will make you cry.  There is never a dull moment with him.  And importantly, he is very good-looking. Debonair in a careless way.  A typical date would be a day out at sea, snorkelling and fly fishing.  Do you think you would want a guy like that?


Or do you prefer someone like Charlie the Clown.

Charlie's a SNAG (sensitive new age guy).  He is all about poetry, fine dining and pure love.  He's sensitive to every quiver of your feelings and could listen to you through the night.  He is sensitive and attentive to your every need.  He is the type of guy who would watch Korean dramas and go shopping with you.  Charlie's good-looking too because he is metrosexual.  In fact, he could look even better than you.  He loves you but he is in love with the idea of love more.  A typical date would be afternoon high tea at St Regis, followed by a play (preferably a Broadway musical and not Broadway Beng) at the Esplanade.  Do you think you would want a guy like that?

Or do you prefer Henry the Fireman?


Henry's like our fathers - the steady, uncomplaining breadwinnder.  He doesn't say or express much but when you fall down, he'll carry you in those strong arms of his and bring you for treatment.  He won't know what to do when you cry, but he'll stay by your side until he sees that you're alright.  He won't buy you flowers but if in the middle of the night, you ask him to get you prata, he'll go out even in the haze to get you your craving.  Henry's not a looker but he appreciates your inner beauty.  A typical date would be to stay at home where Henry builds you a dressing table while you sit nearby reading.  Do you think you would want a guy like that?


So, gals, cast your vote.  Who do you like - Peter the Pirate, Charlie the Clown or Henry the Fireman?  As for me, I loved Peter but married Henry (a much paler version of course!).



Next up, Peter goes on a date.  Stay tuned!

Peter waiting for his date.

10 comments:

  1. I vote for Peter, the Pirate. Cute.. cute... cute....

    I have always like bad boys. 男人不坏,women不爱。hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Peter too! I'm sure I'll enjoy every single fun moment with him! Like Bored says, 男人不坏,women不爱!!

    *chant* PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER!

    PS: I'm going to persuade my daughter to take in Peter as her son in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter is a nightmare to make! As many parts as Charlie. Fingers very sore now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. trixie only wags its tail at Henry

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a cutie! I'm glad he looks more like Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) rather than Capt Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp)! I still prefer Henry! hee...hee...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i prefer Henry. Peter is too much of a challenge for a lady who has a weak heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vote for Peter.. he will definitely brighten up my day n lite up my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since Charlie the Clown is into poems, it will be great if he can play guitar also. Could you train him on that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. another vote for Peter the Pirate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Henry the prata man, of course! Hang on, I thot it was chicken pau??

    ReplyDelete