Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Doggy Keychain

Look at those floppy ears, the red leash, the serene smile and the complacent look...
Does this remind you of someone right?
 
Me! Me!

Just yesterday, my dog-loving colleague chided me for not having a single dog-related item in our shop notwithstanding a certain canine features 60% of the time on this blog.  Suitably chatised, I've decided to make this to fulfill her order for a keychain.

 
Do you see the tiny white bone at the top?  Which dog doesn't have a bone to pick?  Currently, my dog and I are not on petting terms because she urinated twice today, in the house!
 

This keychain was inspired by a mushroom one Tinkerbell made for me 2 years ago.

Pardon the crummy state of the keychain but it is well-used.  The padding protects the contents of your handbag from being scratched by the keys, muffles the sound of jangling keys and allows you to slip it into your too-tight jeans pocket without leaving permanent indentations on your butt.  Being fabric, it is more pliable, allowing you to squeeze in keys of various quantity and sizes.  I love its functionality so much that I had previously made keys shaped like houses and Sun Bonnet Sue. 


Don't you think this would make a practical christmas present?  Home Stitch Home is thinking of making up kits and starting classes to teach you all how to make these.  Once you know the basics, the possibilities are limitless.  What say you, are you game?


4 comments:

  1. Surprised to read a mid-week post for a change! Your doggy keychain is cute! Any brighter fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trixie likes it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joyce

    I not only like to see ur crafts but also enjoy readg ur blogs!!! keep them streaming in ...

    ReplyDelete